RTEMS stack checker

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Jan 14 23:28:23 UTC 2015

On 1/14/2015 5:18 PM, Miller, Scott A. wrote:
> Attempting to get the stack checker in RTEMS enabled our software.
>
> Before confdefs.h is included, along with all of our other CONFIGURE
> variables, I have put:
>
> #define CONFIGURE_STACK_CHECKER_ENABLED
>
> When I later make the call to
> rtems_stack_checker_report_usage_with_plugin(), I get output (one per
> line) for each task running (and the interrupt context), but the
> values printed (stack begin area, used, etc..) are all the same for
> each task, and the stack size doesn't seem to match the memory area
> allocated for the stack.  The values don't seem trustable.
>
> Is there something I'm missing to use the stack checker properly?

That doesn't seem right at all.  Calling the "with plugin" variant
requires you
to pass something that has a signature like fprintf(). Did you call that
method
directly or via the wrapper rtems_stack_checker_report_usage()?

Can you run the fileio sample and try the stackuse command? That test should
just work.