RTEMS Source Builder: native-elf-format.h not found

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jan 20 23:58:06 UTC 2015

On 20/01/2015 6:22 pm, Tyler Parks wrote:
>      I'm trying to follow a blog post on compiling RTEMS for a raspberry
> pi
> (http://alanstechnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/setting-up-rtems-development.html),

Fantastic to see.

> but the RTEMS Source Builder gives me an error that
> "native-elf-format.h" is not found when I try to build the ARM cross
> compiling tools for RTEMS 4.11. It appears that file is needed to
> compile libelf, but I'm not sure how to obtain it. Terminal output and
> error logs are below.
>
>      I'm running the 64 bit version of Fedora 20, which I installed about
> two weeks ago, running kernel 3.17.8-200.fc20.x86_64. I've run sb-check,
> and it says my environment has everything it needs.
>
>      I've tried "yum group install C Development," and
> installing/updating kernel, kernel-headers, gcc, g++, binutils, gdb,
> git, python, elfutils, elfutils-libelf, automake, make, autoconf, bison,
> flex, texinfo, ncurses, and possibly a few others; it didn't work.
>
>      I also tried checking out a commit from a month ago in git before
> compiling, to see if the problem would magically go away.
>
>      I've googled native-elf-format.h and libelf to find out if
> native-elf-format.h is in a package in the yum repos, or if I can find
> its source code, but I was unsuccessful.
>
>      Could anyone tell me if they have any ideas on finding
> native-elf-format.h or fixing this error?

Many thanks for the detailed error trace. I have fixed this with ...

https://devel.rtems.org/changeset/69c955d7a1684e2193b5e720c6aa3f024a2e6cb0/rtems-tools

I have been updating the rtems-tools package to cross-compile and build
for Windows. This is part of Joel and I testing Canadian cross compiling
(Cxc) tools for Windows for 4.10 and 4.11. We have starting push hard to
resolve tool issues so we can release 4.11.

Chris