libbsd.txt "test runner" realview_pbx_a9_qemu

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 3 01:55:36 UTC 2015

On 3/06/2015 5:35 am, Gene Smith wrote:
> Have been attempting to follow the instructions in libbsd.txt and it
> mentions a "test runner" but doesn't say what that means.

I am not sure as well. It might mean the supporting scripts or the
rtems-tester.

> Based on the
> contents of config.inc, it appears to be the bsp name,
> realview_pbx_a9_qemu, but make install of libbsd does not seem to
> produce a file with that name.
>
> I also assume I may also need qemu installed but not sure.
>
> Under realview-pbx-a9 bsp there are instructions for building qemu from
> a particular git snapshot:
>
> git checkout a1bff71c56f2d1048244c829b63797940dd4ba0e

I had a quick look in the latest version of the file and I could find this.

> However, for me the qemu build fails with this snapshot. But if I build
> from
>
> git checkout master
>
> qemu builds OK.
>
> Any help or pointers on this would be appreciated.

I am not sure the qemu version in the libbsd.txt but I just tried
42d58e7c6760cb9c55627c28ae538e27dcf2f144 for the RSB and it built. The
previous version was failing with a core dump in the install phase when
generating language files.

I will push the RSB change soon.

Chris