libbsd.txt "test runner" realview_pbx_a9_qemu

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Wed Jun 3 03:34:27 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 09:55 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 3/06/2015 5:35 am, Gene Smith wrote:
>> Have been attempting to follow the instructions in libbsd.txt and it
>> mentions a "test runner" but doesn't say what that means.
>
> I am not sure as well. It might mean the supporting scripts or the
> rtems-tester.

The libbsd.txt recommends you run some tests but doesn't say exactly how.

>> Based on the
>> contents of config.inc, it appears to be the bsp name,
>> realview_pbx_a9_qemu, but make install of libbsd does not seem to
>> produce a file with that name.
>>
>> I also assume I may also need qemu installed but not sure.
>>
>> Under realview-pbx-a9 bsp there are instructions for building qemu from
>> a particular git snapshot:
>>
>> git checkout a1bff71c56f2d1048244c829b63797940dd4ba0e
>>

> I had a quick look in the latest version of the file and I could find this.

Not sure what you mean that you found. An executable file called
"realview_pbx_a9_qemu"? Qemu snapshot in git for the above sha1?

>> However, for me the qemu build fails with this snapshot. But if I build
>> from
>>
>> git checkout master
>>
>> qemu builds OK.
>>
>> Any help or pointers on this would be appreciated.
>>

> I am not sure the qemu version in the libbsd.txt but I just tried
> 42d58e7c6760cb9c55627c28ae538e27dcf2f144 for the RSB and it built. The
> previous version was failing with a core dump in the install phase when
> generating language files.
>
> I will push the RSB change soon.

I see that the sha1 you reference above is now HEAD in qemu git. Does
RSB build qemu? I have seen indications that it can since there is a
qemu.cfg file. But I don't see documentation as to how RSB makes qemu.