FYI - Intel Acquires Altera

Thomas Doerfler (nt) Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon Jun 1 19:45:08 UTC 2015

in the past, intel has aquired WindRiver, but to my understanding left
their business model intact. They should be clever enough to do the same
with Altera. Bringing out some bridge between intels CPUs and FPGAs may
be a good outcome.

Anyway, this means intel once again has ARM cores in its portfolio ;-)

wkr,

Thomas.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-01/intel-buys-altera-for-16-7-billion-as-chip-deals-accelerate

>>> --
>>> Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
>>> joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com        On-Line Applications Research
>>> Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
>>> Support Available                (256) 722-9985

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
PGP public key available on request