Beaglebone Bootloader

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Tue Jun 23 02:59:43 UTC 2015

I can see I missed a step from Ben's tutorial where it creates the image
file.
I copied the image to tftp and it did not work

I also tried doing out of Bens tutorial the

dd if=bone_hello.exe-sdcard.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4096

However, nothing was displayed on my monitor and the three LEDS lit,
followed by the light on ethernet port. It did this about three times and
then booted into normal BBB linux. It looked to me like it was resetting,
however, can't be sure.

Is someone able to email me a working image for BBB so I can see it that
will boot.

Thanks

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Angelo Fraietta <
newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au> wrote:

> [...]
>
> ### BBB : Configuration
> ipaddr=192.168.0.53
> serverip=192.168.0.25
> netmask=255.255.255.0
>
> ### XKY-OS : Configuration
> baseaddr=0x81000000
> application=/TICKER
>
> ### Boot BBB from network
> nfsargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} root=/dev/nfs
> nfsroot=${serverip}:${rootpath} rw
> ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${serverip}:${netmask}::eth0:off
> xkyboot=run nfsargs; tftp ${baseaddr} ${application}; bootm ${baseaddr}
> uenvcmd=run xkyboot
>

> I have copied ticker.exe to root folder
> I tried
> application=/TICKER
> application=/ticker.exe
> application=/TICKER.EXE
>
> Just boots into normal regardless of what I do (except removing ethernet
> with SDCard in). Looking at U-boot in display looks the same as though
> three was no SDcard. How can I freeze screen to read what it all says?
>
> I tested my tftp server like this
>
> http://www.gunnalag.com/2013/08/05/how-to-test-tftp-server-from-a-client-system-in-windows/
>
> I did
> tftp -i 1923.168.0.25 get ticker.exe
>
> And it worked fine
>
> So if I am using ticker.exe, what should application=/TICKER be? Is it
> case sensitive? Does it need .exe at the end? Am I supposed to be using
> ticker.exe?
> Can someone send me an exe that does load in BBB so I can see if it is
> that loads.
>

> Also, I followed tutorial for installing U-boot on an SDCard which boots
> linux from SDCard and that works
>
> http://www.armhf.com/boards/beaglebone-black/bbb-sd-install/
>

> Any suggestions would be great
>

> Thanks
>

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Cláudio Silva <claudiodcsilva at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Angelo,
>>
>> xkyboot is just a command name that is executed by uenvcmd; you can name
>> whatever you want. "XKYAPP2" is the executable name. It should placed on
>> the tftp server's root, or otherwise you need to provide the full path to
>> it.
>> Is your tftp server working correctly? Try to test from a tftp client on
>> Linux.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Cláudio
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:51 AM Angelo Fraietta <
>> newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> I am using BBB also
>>>
>>> I have had a look at what you have provided
>>> are XKYAPP2 and xkyboot  your app names?
>>>
>>> Lets say I wanted to boot ticker from tftp server (assume my tftp server
>>> has same ip address as yours)
>>>
>>> I have copied
>>> development/rtems/b-beagle/arm-rtems4.11/c/beagleboneblack/testsuites/samples/ticker/ticker.exe
>>> to the root of my tftp server
>>>
>>> I am assuming this is entire uEnv.txt What should it look like (I have
>>> provided whole of your file here). Thanks

>>> serverip=192.168.0.2