Beaglebone Bootloader

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Tue Jun 23 04:59:34 UTC 2015

If it is any help. this is the configuration on my SDCard that loads debian
linux from SDCard.

##Video: Uncomment to override:
##see:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/fb/modedb.txt
#kms_force_mode=video=HDMI-A-1:1024x768 at 60e

##Enable systemd
systemd=quiet init=/lib/systemd/systemd

##BeagleBone Cape Overrides

##BeagleBone Black:
##Disable HDMI/eMMC
#optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

##Disable HDMI
#optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN

##WIP: v3.13+ capes..
#cape=lcd4-01
#cape=

##note: the eMMC flasher script relies on the next line
mmcroot=UUID=8f529ad7-82d1-4d8e-91dc-31e9e2080813 ro
mmcrootfstype=ext4 rootwait fixrtc

##These are needed to be compliant with Angstrom's 2013.06.20 u-boot.
console=ttyO0,115200n8

kernel_file=zImage
initrd_file=initrd.img

loadaddr=0x82000000
initrd_addr=0x88080000
fdtaddr=0x88000000

initrd_high=0xffffffff
fdt_high=0xffffffff

loadkernel=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${loadaddr} ${kernel_file}
loadinitrd=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${initrd_addr} ${initrd_file};
setenv initrd_size ${filesize}
loadfdt=load mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${fdtaddr} /dtbs/${fdtfile}

loadfiles=run loadkernel; run loadinitrd; run loadfdt
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=tty0 console=${console} ${optargs}
${kms_force_mode} root=${mmcroot} rootfstype=${mmcrootfstype} ${systemd}

uenvcmd=run loadfiles; run mmcargs; bootz ${loadaddr}
${initrd_addr}:${initrd_size} ${fdtaddr}
#