NASA MMS Launches This Thursday!!!

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Mar 10 14:36:33 UTC 2015

Hi

Alan Cudmore was kind enough to pass this along

After years of development the MMS satellites will be launched on March
12. MMS consists of 4 identical spacecraft, the main flight computers run
RTEMS 4.10 on a radiation hardened Coldfire CPU.

Mission information here:
http://mms.gsfc.nasa.gov <http://mms.gsfc.nasa.gov/>

You can watch the launch on :
NASA EDGE USTREAM (8:45pm to 10:45pm EDT)
http://www.ustream.tv/nasaedge

or

NASA TV (8:00pm to 11:00pm EDT)
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Scheduled Launch: 10:44pm EDT

---

Our last RTEMS deployment has reached 5 years in orbit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVv40M2aks
SDO has 5 Coldfire CPUs with RTEMS. The main flight computer runs vxWorks.