build Graphics Tool Kits for PC386

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Tue Mar 31 00:01:51 UTC 2015

Hello Qiao Yang,

On Tuesday 31 of March 2015 00:31:43 QIAO YANG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've applyed the project for porting graphics tool kits to raspberry pi. At
> the first step I would like to build it for pc386 and try it out. But I've
> got lots of errors with microwindows and the sources has changed a lot
> since the latest  information that I could find (GSOC 2012). Is there
> anyone who succeed in building it recently?  It doesn't matter if it uses
> an old version as long as it works. If anyone can compile it and run,
> please tell me which version of rtems, libraries used, so that it would be
> easier to get through.
>
> Thanks in advance

Jan Dolezal has build Microwindows and RTEMS Graphic toolkit
last year to test his VESA BIOS Extension driver on x86.

You should use

  git://git.rtems.org/rtems-graphics-toolkit.git

It should be the same as

  https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems-graphics-toolkit/commits/master

There is the script "do_it" which can build libraries.
To build them for x86 case and RTEMS 4.11 development version
install use something like next command

  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc686/ ./do_it -A

You probably need to run

  git submodule update --init

before build and it is possible that you need to go to "microwin"
directory and run there

  git checkout master
  git pull

Nano-X/Microwindows are cloned from Alexandru-Sever Horin's
repo

  git://github.com/alex-sever-h/microwin.git

You may need to apply patch

  patches/microwin/0001-change-the-MicroWindows-RTEMS-KBD-glue.patch

The build process is not perfect but it has been reproduced by
Jan Dolezal and me on more computers somethink like year ago.

The pointers to the sources should be documented on RTEMS Wiki

  https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Projects/GraphicsToolkit

I have tried to resolve with Alex last year (2014-7-28) how
to push some minor correction to his repo but that not been
realized at the end. I need to find again what was the problem
in my mailbox. But according to my actual sources, it seems
to be only that keyboard patch.

Problem is. that original Microwindows development has stalled
as well so it is not possible to put corrections upstream.

I do not like to add other fork too much but I can add it to
my GitHub account to save my work and provide changes to public.

Please try "./do_it -A" script and send me and Jan Dolezal
output. To capture standard and error outputs use

  ./do_it -A 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

Best wishes,

             Pavel