Remote Debugging

Wu, Mark H. Mark.H.Wu at disney.com
Thu May 14 15:24:27 UTC 2015

I'm evaluating RTEMS for use on a project I'm working on, and have several questions. I'll probably use 4.11, but since the documentation is only available for 4.10, I'll ask regarding the documentation.

The target platform we plan to use is x86. I've built RTEMS with --enable-rdbg, but the resulting target.cfg and bsp.cfg in
$(exec_prefix)/$(RTEMS_BSP)/make/bsp.cfg
Show

RTEMS_HAS_RDBG = no (target.cfg)
HAS_RDBG = no (bsp.cfg)

Is there no rdbg support in the x86 platform?

I've also been looking for documentation on how to use and configure rdbg (and the server needed for it), and I haven't had much luck. The RTEMS/GDB User's Guide isn't in the documentation as of version 4.8, so I don't know if it's still valid. I'm also specifically looking for debugging over Ethernet.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Mark.