Networking FXP driver general questions

Wu, Mark H. Mark.H.Wu at disney.com
Wed May 27 01:32:02 UTC 2015

I'm about to try to build a test application for a pc386 board with an Intel Ethernet chipset. I saw directions on <http://rtems-users.rtems.narkive.com/4qzubLVr/enable-network-for-the-intel-82551er-chip-pc386>, which pointed me to the file at <https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtl.git/tree/init.c> (or at least I assume that's the correct file, since I get an error any time I try to access any file through the FTP links). But this initialization is *VERY* different from what's described in the documentation (RTEMS Network Supplement). Where are the CONFIGURE_NETWORK_* configurations described? How do I have more than one Ethernet device (fxp1, fxp2)?

Can I use the method described in the network supplement? Or is this something specific to the way libbsdport works?

Thanks.

Mark.