Embedded board with good support out of the box?

Steve B sbattazzo at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:36:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>
wrote:

> Ketul seems to have the GPIO mostly working so that may show up
> soon. It needs feedback to the application level API right
> and proper division between application and BSP.
>
> Ultimately, I want the application level API to support
> multiple sets of GPIO. Think a system with multiple
> add-in boards (e.g. PCI, VME, etc). I had this on an
> embedded PC with some on the baseboard and then a
> multi IO addon board.
>
> So watch for BB GPIO from Ketul and help push it to
> production capable. :)
>

>  Steve
>>

> --
> joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com        On-Line Applications Research
> Support Available                (256) 722-9985

Thanks Joel! I saw that Ketul has some GPIO related patch up on github so I
will patch that in and give it a try in the next couple days.

If a way of linking GPIO to an interrupt is there/planned that would be
really awesome. If not, I'll be happy to chip in!

I like that thinking on API. Anything we can do so that the end application
code contains as little board-dependent code as possible...

Steve