Difficulties building RTEMS

Hesham ALMatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:00:45 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> On 9/11/2015 9:38 AM, Hesham ALMatary wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:51 PM, TUAZ TORCHON, Dimitri
>> <dimitri.tuaztorchon at airbus.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I’m using your repository, and I get the error I described.
>>> So it is not possible to run complex RTEMS applications on a Microblaze ?
>>> I have to use a Spartan6 card.
>>>

>> What configuration options do you use? This is a simple configuration
>> line the should work: "--target=rtems-microblaze
>> --enable-rtemsbsp=microblaze_fdga  --disable-networking
>> --disable-posix"
>

> I suspect that the argument for the target should be:

Yeah sorry my bad.

> --target=microblaze-rtems4.11
>
>> I am afraid only hello world sample would work. UART is the only BSP
>> driver out there for this BSP currently. I got Hello World running on
>> Atlys (Spartan 6) board.
>

> We need to discuss if this is far enough along to merge again now that
> we are past a branch. I recall some odd code issues with the vendor HAL
> and not running on a simulator at all. But that is a dusty memory.

I didn't run it on the simulator at all, instead I worked directory
with the FPGA. I can see that there's some interest on this port,
which is a good motivation to work on upstreaming it. I'll try to
clean-up the code and send initial patches, but there're no timing
guarantees since I'm pretty busy with school and moving out stuff.

--
Hesham