Is there an easy way to disable smp for a particular bps configuration?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Apr 1 21:59:07 UTC 2016

On Apr 1, 2016 4:40 PM, "Travis Wheatley" <travis.wheatley at emergentspace.com>
wrote:

> Working on a BSP port and having some debugging difficulties. I suspect
that part of the problem is that my target system as well as the base bsp I
am starting from have multiple cores. To generally reduce the complexity
during this early development stage I am wondering if there is an easy
switch I can flip to disable smp in my particular bsp configuration.

It is disabled by default or you can configure with --disable-smp if you
are paranoid.

Fine to start that way. If you plan to submit the bsp, I would encourage
submitting the base uniprocessor version with console and clock tick. You
can add drivers and features after that. It is a lot easier for us to
review.