RTEMS AMP with Petalinux

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Apr 18 16:42:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Badr El Hiouel <elh.badr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is the default mode AMP or SMP for RTEMS ? How can the AMP configuration
> of RTEMS be enabled ?

The default configuration is uniprocessor. You have to add --enable-smp to
get SMP.

For your configuration, I am assuming that you would configure the SMP
scheduler in a clustered
manner and tell it to ignore the Linux cores.

> ​The OpenAMP framework doesn't support RTEMS.

That can always be fixed. :)

> I'm thinking to configure Petalinux on "maxcpu = 1" and to launch RTEMS
> on​ second cpu. I'm just afraid from memory and adresses problems.
> What do you think about this ?

If you can write down the address map, you can ensure that RTEMS and Linux
don't
conflict. That should be relatively straightforward. Check symbol tables,
etc.

Just be warned that a simple mistake will lead to them clobbering each
other.

And you have to decide which OS owns which devices. They need to stay away
from each other. I can imagine that interrupts are an issue.

Has anybody tried to launch RTEMS via Petalinux ?

I have no idea on this.

--joel