Realview-pbx-a9 PL050 Mouse testing on QEMU.

Thomas Kim thomas73.kim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:12:07 UTC 2016

Dear Sir,

I am testing both framebuffer(PL111) and PS/2 Mouse driver on QEMU for
Realview-pbx-a9.

At this time, I completed to test RGB color output for framebuffer(PL111).
But, I was failed to test PS/2 mouse(PL050) driver.

When I test framebuffer, I used below command.
"qemu-system-arm -no-reboot -net none -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 256M -serial
stdio -kernel o-optimize/framebuffer_example.exe

Also, when I test PS/2 mouse, I used below command.
"qemu-system-arm -no-reboot -net none -M realview-pbx-a9 -m 256M
-show-cursor -chardev msmouse,id=mouse -serial stdio -kernel
o-optimize/ps2_test.exe"

That is, I added QEMU option, "-show-cursor -chardev msmouse,id=mouse" for
handling mouse data.

My testing code is below;

int fd = 0;
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
 fd = open("/dev/psaux", O_RDWR);
 int i, n, count=0;
 char str[16];

 while (1)
 {
     n = read(fd, str, 16);
  if ( n > 0) {
   printf("fd.rx_num=%d\n", n);
   for (i=0; i<n; i++)
    printf("%02x ", str[i]);
   putchar('\n');
  }
}

When I click screen of QEMU window, there is not interrupt handling for
pl050_interrupt() function of arm-pl050.c

Please could you let me know how to detect mouse click event on QEMU window
in this case ?

Best Regards,
Thomas Kim