rsb and ftp.gnu.org

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 24 02:23:23 UTC 2016

On 24/08/2016 3:20 AM, D Peter Siddons wrote:

> So I tried 4.10. I get the following message:
>
> download: (full) ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz ->
> sources/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz
> download: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz ->
> sources/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz
> download: no ssl context
> download: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz: error:
> <urlopen error ftp error: [Errn
> o 111] Connection refused>
>
> It's not clear to me if this is a firewall problem, or a problem with
> ftp.gnu.org or what. Any suggestions?

Errors like this can appear for a range of reasons. I have seen the site
testing for specific clients and blocking them (the RSB lies about who
it is), a cert issue on the site, or some just block certain people
expecting a mirror to be used.

Ideally 4.10 should be in the released state and that means we host all
the source needed on ftp.rtems.org which we control. I have not had any
time to do this so it sits and waits.

Chris