RTEMS on Zynq Microzed

soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de
Tue Feb 2 14:57:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

I hope it's not a problem to dig up this old thread.

Am 2015-10-01 15:54, schrieb Webb, Jeffrey A.:
> That is basically the process I followed, although I used the Xilinx
> xsdk tool.  (I did not know about the open source tool -- I will try
> it when I get a chance.  Do you still use the Xilinx tools to generate
> the fsbl, or something else?)  There seems to be a somewhat long delay
> when I boot up my RTEMS application the first time, and there is some
> issue with the serial port driver that causes missing characters at
> first.   I usually push the reset button, and things clear up on
> subsequent reboots.  Anyway, it sounds like there may need to be some
> changes to the bsp for the microzed, or at least some configuration
> parameters.  Did you look in the BSP configure script for options like
> clock rates that may need to be changed?  I had to change the
> peripheral clock configure option to get the ticker.exe tasks to run
> at the proper rate, although this didn't seems to alter the baud rate
> settings.  I might be able to get my hands on a microzed, but it will
> probably be a couple weeks before I
>   have time to try that.

We have the same problem with the ticker-example here.
I found the configure option for the periphal clock, but I was wondering
what value I need to set it to.
If I take a look at the clock configuration for the zync in Vivado I
get:

Input frequency:  33.333 MHz
ARMPLL         : 666.666687 MHz

That seems to be in line with the standard bsp-configuration.
We also compared the settings with the same project set up for the
normal Zedboard and they look the same.
It would be a great help if you could push us in the right direction.

Cheers,

    Jan