[Spam?] Re: RTEMS on Zynq Microzed

Jeff Webb jeff.webb at nta-inc.net
Wed Feb 3 17:10:34 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 08:57 AM, soja-lists at aries.uberspace.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope it's not a problem to dig up this old thread.
>
> Am 2015-10-01 15:54, schrieb Webb, Jeffrey A.:
>> That is basically the process I followed, although I used the Xilinx
>> xsdk tool.  (I did not know about the open source tool -- I will try
>> it when I get a chance.  Do you still use the Xilinx tools to generate
>> the fsbl, or something else?)  There seems to be a somewhat long delay
>> when I boot up my RTEMS application the first time, and there is some
>> issue with the serial port driver that causes missing characters at
>> first.   I usually push the reset button, and things clear up on
>> subsequent reboots.  Anyway, it sounds like there may need to be some
>> changes to the bsp for the microzed, or at least some configuration
>> parameters.  Did you look in the BSP configure script for options like
>> clock rates that may need to be changed?  I had to change the
>> peripheral clock configure option to get the ticker.exe tasks to run
>> at the proper rate, although this didn't seems to alter the baud rate
>> settings.  I might be able to get my hands on a microzed, but it will
>> probably be a couple weeks before I
>>   have time to try that.
>>

> We have the same problem with the ticker-example here.
> I found the configure option for the periphal clock, but I was wondering what value I need to set it to.
> If I take a look at the clock configuration for the zync in Vivado I get:
>
> Input frequency:  33.333 MHz
> ARMPLL         : 666.666687 MHz
>
> That seems to be in line with the standard bsp-configuration.
> We also compared the settings with the same project set up for the normal Zedboard and they look the same.
> It would be a great help if you could push us in the right direction.

This is what worked on my Zedboard:

../rtems-git/configure --target=arm-rtems4.12 \
--enable-rtemsbsp=xilinx_zynq_zedboard \
--enable-tests=samples \
--enable-cxx \
--enable-posix \
--prefix=/opt/rtems/bsps/4.12 BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK=333333333U
make -j8 install

I still haven't tried a microzed yet, so I can't say whether the same clock setting would work.

-Jeff