registering interrupt from user application

Chan Kim ckim at etri.re.kr
Mon Feb 29 07:25:45 UTC 2016

 I'm testing if I can register a h/w interrupt from user application.

I have a INTC(interrupt controller) which maps external hardware interrupt to one of the core IRQ.

I first set the INTC and call set_vector to register interrupt handler.

This two steps -- setting INTC and calling set_vector -- are used in other device drivers (in rtems) in our system.

But when I set the INTC, the system hangs. There can be something wrong, but is it impossible to register interrupt from the user application?

regards,

Chan