users Digest, Vol 113, Issue 42

Matthew Clark linux.matthew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:53:27 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 5:24 PM, <users-request at rtems.org> wrote:

> From: Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org>

The ARM simulator in gdb does not know how to run this. Qemu is the
> simulator for the xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu BSP.
>
> You will need to build qemu with the RSB and install it.
>
> Then there are some easy to use helper scripts in
> the rtems-testing/sim-scripts

directory named after the BSP they are invoking a simulator to simulate. So
> you would invoke it as:
>
> xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu -i hello.exe
>
> -i indicates interactive mode. By default it runs all .exe files on the
> command line with output logged to files.

Thanks for the timely repsonse, Joel and it worked.  Yay!  :)  I'm new at
RTEMS, though not software, so you'll forgive the newb questions.  Is there
another document to read on the above part?  I didn't even know about the
sim-scripts folder.

Matt