GSoC2016 organisation collaboration? RTEMS on FPGA hardware running MiSoC

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 10 05:44:24 UTC 2016

On 10/03/2016 16:02, Tim Ansell wrote:
> It does look like the situation for or1k LLVM / Clang is in a better
> state? Can RTEMS be compiled with clang?

Not at the moment. This is something we are considering when we move to
a waf build system.

Once issue that needs to be solved with clang is what threading support
is needed to make it work. The GCC support is based on the RTEMS classic
API because it is always present on all board and the POSIX API is
optional. I am also not sure how newlib is built with clang.

Chris