RTEMS ARMv8 SMP

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Mar 22 16:21:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Raghav Nayak <raghav.nayak at nxp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I could brought up RTEMS ARMv8 Port on Gem5. Now looking to enable SMP
> Version. Please give me clues for switches to turn on SMP

That's great! Could you provide a patch for the new port?

as I recall, the --enable-smp configure flag is used to turn on SMP. I
think this flag is checked somewhere (in an M4 script file?) to ensure
the SMP support is available for the target architecture--i.e. it is
an if (sparc || arm || powerpc || i386) ....
 so you will have to find that restriction so that enable-smp can be
turned on, and then you will have to consult the SMP enabled targets
to determine what support has to be added.