Access PL within Zynq through rtems

xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com
Tue May 17 12:44:43 UTC 2016

Dear all, I encountered an issue recently, about controlling and reading from/writing to PL within Zynq via rtems application. I've built up an IP core, and programmed FPGA, it all went well. The address assigned to this IP core starts from, for example, 0x43c0_0000 to 0x43c0_ffff. If I wanted to control this, I just wrote some value to the above address, like 0x43c0_0000, 0x43c0_0004 and so on. Unfortunatelly, it did not work. By the way, it all went well in bare metal application. First, it generates an Abort exception. I figured out that I need to modify the comfiguration in .../xilinx-zynq/startup/bspstartmmu.c, to assign a new section in zynq_mmu_config_table[]. After that, it does not generate Abort exception, but I still can not control the PL. Then, I tried to alter the domain access permission from client to manager. It did not work, either. So, I do not know what to do now. A little help would be grateful. Thanks.

Best,TianQ.K.M Technology Co., Ltd.xuelin.tian at qkmtech.com