Building RTEMS 4.11.0 RC4 for i386 targets

Ricardo Derbes rmderbes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:00:51 UTC 2016

Hello.
About rtems 4.11.0-rc4 release building:
Following Chris instructions, I have built rtems 4.11.0-rc4 release,
for i386/pc686 target, without any glitch.
I issued the --without-rtems option when running
../source-builder/sb-set-builder in rtems-source-builder/rtems folder,
because I wanted to build later the pc686 BSP, without networking
support, as to add libbsd.

After that, using i386 BSP and tools (i386-rtems-gcc et al) I made a
checkout of rtems-libbsd from git://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd.git and
built it, also without any issue, so now I have libbsd.a library and
includes along with pc686 files.

The host used was Fedora19 x86-64 host (on a VM), and the only package
I had to install was waf (yum install waf).

Only one caveat: for corporative users like me, who live behind a
draconian proxy with only port 80 available, it's not possible to
download the packages needed by RSB, nor even git://...
Will be possible to add http and proxy support for RSB, and http
protocol for git repos?
Thank you

Regards.

Ricardo