New To RTEMS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Oct 10 08:21:16 UTC 2016

Hello Russell,

On 09/10/16 08:52, Russell Haley wrote:
[...]
> b) I am using a library called cqueues that relies on polling
> functions such as kqueues and epoll depending on the platform. For
> give me if this is not applicable to an RTOS, but does RTEMS support a
> polling mechanism? Preferably one noted above?

the new network stack supports kqueue(2). However, only for sockets. The
kqueue(2) support for all other file system nodes is not implemented.

> I am hoping to support something as small as an Arm Cortex M4 type
> board. Any recommendations on supported dev boards would be great.
> Especially one that has an ethernet port and/or supports USB Wi-Fi
> (chipset is not important, dongles are cheap).

For WLAN and USB support we have to update the network stack (from
FreeBSD 9 to trunk). We work currently on this. It will take
approximately six weeks. Our target platform is

https://www.grisp.org/

Maybe it will work also on the Atmel evaluation board, but I am not sure
if 2MiB of RAM are enough for the network stack.

http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATSAMV71-XULT.aspx

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16