No subject

Spencer Deevy deevy.spencer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:46:31 UTC 2016

Hi Chris, thank for the reply. I've taken a look at the steps you've laid
out, but I'm a bit confused with a few of them... I'll outline what I've
done so far:

Host Machine is Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Downloaded cross compilers and utilities:

$ sudo apt-get install libc6-armel-cross libc6-dev-armel-cross
$ sudo apt-get install binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi
$ sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev

Downloaded cross compiling toolchains:

$ sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
$ sudo apt-get install g++-arm-linux-gnueabi

Cloned the repos you talked about:

$ git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git$ git clone
git://git.rtems.org/rtems.git

So I have a few questions regarding the steps after this:

1. Will the packages I've downloaded be sufficient for the cross compilers?
2. How do I use the local patch for u-boot? I assume I'd change the
required file manually to match the patch?
3. It doesn't look like gmake is available on ubuntu.. Would using regular
make on u-boot work fine?
4. I assume the patch for RTEMS needs to be changed manually as well?
5. What is meant by Bootstrap under the RTEMS section?

If you have the time to answer these questions and perhaps some additional
detail to the steps I should take, that would be great.

Sorry for bugging you with menial questions.. I'm new to linux and
real-time systems such as RTEMS, so I may be a bit slow at first

If anyone else has experience with cross compiling RTEMS using an Ubuntu
host machine, let me know