Using libbsd for x86 networking

Saeed Ehteshamifar salpha.2004 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 13:34:46 UTC 2016

Hello,

I followed the instructions to build and install rtems-libbsd.
Particularly, I built rtems with --disable-networking and then built and
install rtems-libbsd in the same prefix as rtems was installed.

So when I try to make a networking app, I get "undefined reference" linking
errors for all socket functions like socket, bind, listen, etc. How should
one use the new TCP/IP stack?

Also, what are the networking drivers I can use and how can I find their
corresponding attach function?

I tried network-demos, which stops with the same compilation error.

I also tried:
https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/dbserver/dbserver-1.0-20160801.tar.bz2
The app was successfully built, however the only input I get is the
following:
i386: isr=0 irr=1
Beckhoff BIOS API Driver, 1.7

So the shell doesn't show up. Here's how I run the dbserver app:
sudo qemu-system-i386 -kernel build/i386-rtems4.12-pc386/net-app.exe
                                       -net nic,model=i82551,vlan=0
                                       -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup
                                       -append "--console=/dev/com1"
                                       -serial stdio

I've also consulted RTEMS TCP/IP Networking Supplement doc.

Is there a pointer to start developing networking apps (specially for x86)
that I've missed?

Best Regards,
Saeed