Ubuntu .. Re: sparc-gdb not compiling

D Peter Siddons siddons at bnl.gov
Fri Sep 30 18:09:51 UTC 2016

Hi Agostino,

Looking through the rsb output I saw a few things which got a "no"
answer, which might cause problems.

checking for library containing kinfo_getvmmap... no
checking for libexpat... no

checking libunwind-ia64.h usability... no
checking libunwind-ia64.h presence... no
checking for libunwind-ia64.h... no

I'm not an rsb expert, but maybe you need the -dev versions, so try installing libunwind-dev and libexpat-dev. I couldn't find anything about kinfo_getvmmap, but maybe a little googling will uncover something.

Pete.

On 09/30/2016 01:29 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Any Ubuntu users want to jump in. Please.
>

> On Sep 30, 2016 12:27 PM, "Agostino"
> <agostino.mascitti at student.univaq.it
> <mailto:agostino.mascitti at student.univaq.it>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Joel,
>
>     I saw notes for Ubuntu. And this is the report
>     agostino at agostino-X555LJ:~/development/chronos/linux-3.0.24-chronos$
>     sudo apt-get install python2.7-dev
>     Reading package lists... Done
>     Building dependency tree
>     Reading state information... Done
>     python2.7-dev is already the newest version (2.7.12-1~16.04).
>     0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>     agostino at agostino-X555LJ:~/development/chronos/linux-3.0.24-chronos$
>     sudo apt-get build-dep binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip git
>     Reading package lists... Done
>     E: Unable to find a source package for binutils
>
>     Moreover, I also tried to download expat and libexpat1. This is
>     the report:
>     agostino at agostino-X555LJ:~/development/chronos/linux-3.0.24-chronos$
>     sudo apt-get install libexpat1
>     [sudo] password for agostino:
>     Reading package lists... Done
>     Building dependency tree
>     Reading state information... Done
>     libexpat1 is already the newest version (2.1.0-7ubuntu0.16.04.2).
>     0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>
>     This means that when I tried to compile, I have already had expat.
>     Could you assist me?
>     I am downloading Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. Hope it will work correctly
>     now and that it will download binutils!
>
>     Thank you for your assistence.
>     Best regards,
>     Agostino
>
>     On ven, set 30, 2016 at 4:54 , Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org
>     <mailto:joel at rtems.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     I think it is in the libexpat1 package. Use apt to search for
>>     which package has the library and install it.
>>
>>     There should be notes for Ubuntu in the RSB docs. A patch for
>>     Elementary distribution advice would be appreciated
>>
>>     --joel
>>

>>     On Sep 30, 2016 9:12 AM, "Agostino"
>>     <agostino.mascitti at student.univaq.it
>>     <mailto:agostino.mascitti at student.univaq.it>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi all,
>>
>>         I am under Elementary OS 64 bit last version. I get the error
>>         in attachment as error while compiling sparc-gdb and I cannot
>>         solve it alone.
>>         Could you assist me?
>>
>>         Best regards,
>>         Agostino