RTEMS 4.11.0 build fails on Windows

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 11 01:51:39 UTC 2017

On 11/4/17 11:02 am, Linda Huxley wrote:
> Thanks Worth,
>
> Your second patch doesn't look right.  It appears to apply a floating
> point patch specific to an ARM processor.  (I'm building for a SPARK
> processor, but only because that's what's recommended for newbies.  I
> don't see any ARM or SPARK specific build files in my build tree at all.)
>
> So instead of that patch, I manually added the following text:
>
> %patch add newlib
> file:///c/opt/rtems/4.11.0/rtems/gcc-4.9.3-20170404-1.patch
> %hash md5 gcc-4.9.3-20170404-1.patch 3204f732cb2ec7a8dff8b7f3463e9262
>
> in the most obvious location in the following file:
>
> /c/opt/rtems/4.11.0/rtems/config/tools/
>     rtems-gcc-4.9.3-newlib-2.2.0-20150423-1.cfg
>
> That was the only file that I found that closely resembles the name of
> the file patched by your second patch.  The build now fails while
> processing your first patch.  The pertinent log entries follow at the
> bottom of my reply.
>
> My build directory tree doesn't appear to match yours.  The particular
> directory tree that I have would seem to be a consequence of following
> the instructions in chapter 5 of the RTEMS User Manual.  I have also
> attempted to build from various other recipes on the RTEMS website, (all
> unsuccessfully), and I have noted that different build directory trees
> that have resulted.
>
> At present, I don't have an "rsb" sub-directory anywhere, and I am
> building from here:
>
> /c/opt/rtems/4.11.0/rtems
>
> The problematic file, cfns.gperf, is here:
>
> /c/opt/rtems/4.11.0/rtems/build/srg4n2xwm1/gcc-4.9.3/gcc/cp/cfns.gperf
>
> I'm not sure how to modify your patch file to process that file.  I have
> almost no experience with Linux or MINGW so I'm at a bit of a loss at
> this point.

That is fine. Please ask any questions, I am more than happy to help.
Once you have a tool chain it is a native Windows application and should
integrate with any Windows work space you may use.

Also if you have any suggestions on how I can improve the documentation
please let me know.

> Can you perhaps suggest what I need to do to modify your patch file?

Once there is a ticket I will take the patches and test them.

Chris