RTEMS 4.11.0 build fails on Windows

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 12 00:29:25 UTC 2017

On 12/04/2017 10:16, Linda Huxley wrote:
>> Also if you have any suggestions on how I can improve the documentation
>> please let me know.
>
> Thanks Chris,
>
> There are a couple of typos in section "5.2.1. RTEMS Tools and Kernel"
> of the "RTEMS User Manual" 4.11.99:
>
> $ mv rtems-source-builder-4.11.0 4.110
> $ cd 4.11.0
>
> That should read:
>
> $ mv rtems-source-builder-4.11.0 4.11.0
> $ cd 4.11.0/rtems
>
> I wasted quite a bit of time because of the omission on the second line.
>
> I also wasted time with section "3. Quick Start".  The instructions
> there don't seem to apply to Windows users.  I would have done much
> better just jumping directly to section 5.2.1, after reading parts of
> chapter 4.
>
> I also wasted time with "5.1.1 Project Sandboxing".  That might be
> helpful once I have something working, but it was no help while getting
> started.  I tried to follow one of the schemes mentioned there, but then
> I found that RSB refused to make use of my directory tree anyways.

This feedback is fantastic and important. May I suggest you click on the
"Create Bug" link in the 4.12 row of the release tables here:

  https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Release

Add the text above, select Documentation as the component and assign the
ticket to me. Doing this gives you the credit for the issue and fixes
which you deserve.

Thanks
Chris