LEON2 and C++ exception handling

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Aug 12 01:29:34 UTC 2017

On 11/8/17 10:14 pm, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> Is there maybe some other
> entry/register/variable that my boot code needs to pass to RTEMS?

Exceptions need valid tables registered with the unwinder to work or you end up
in the terminate call.

The SPARC architecture uses what is normally named dwarf2 tables that GCC places
in '.eh_frame' or '.gcc_except_table.*' sections. The tables linked into the
executable are registered with the exception handler code in libgcc and for C++
are processed using '__gcc_personality_v0' personality function. I cannot
remember how they are registered by default.

I hope this helps.

Chris