dynamic linker in RTEMS 5 ?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Dec 22 21:03:51 UTC 2017

On 23/12/17 3:45 am, Till Straumann wrote:
> FWIW - I had (a while ago) created the pmelf library (which is distributed with
> cexpsh but can be unbundled).
>
> The primary goals were:
>  - independent licensing
>  - only read pieces of a file which are actually needed. Most ELF libraries I
> know start with reading
>    the full file into memory and then go to town. pmelf tries to avoid that.

I was aware of this. We wanted to have a standard's base loading interface in
RTEMS so other users like CFe which supports dlopen can support dynamic loading.

I really think we can make the libdl code work for cexp. I may need to add
support for loading dependences, the libc problem, but this is a good thing for
libdl to have. At the moment I do not see this happening until early next and I
hope I can figure out a way to arrange time to get it done.

Chris