Questions about Configuration for shell prompt & file system

jaeho jo hot486two at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 08:34:38 UTC 2017

Hi, I have 2 Questions about RTEMS!
1. What is the relationship between shell prompt and unlimited_object?
    When I using RTEMS 4.11.2, I need 'CONFIGURE_UNLIMITED_OBJECTS' to use
shell prompt.
    I already read 'RTEMS C User Manual - 24.7. Unlimited Objects ' page,
but I don't understand exactly why I need that configuration.
    What is the relationship between shell prompt and unlimited_object?
    Also, Can you briefly describe the structural differences associated
with this? between RTEMS 4.10.2 and RTEMS 4.11.2.

2. I wonder if it is designed to ignore file system options when mounting a
file system in RTEMS 4.10.2
    I mounted the file system using OSAL source code.

https://github.com/nasa/osal/blob/master/src/os/rtems/osfilesys.c#L529
        The 4th parameter of this function determines whether a write
operation is possible to the file system

    Option for file system
        typedef enum {
            RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_ONLY,
            RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_WRITE,
            RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_BAD_OPTIONS
        } rtems_filesystem_options_t;  // libio.h

    With RTEMS 4.10.2, Even if RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_ONLY(0) is used as an
option of the file system, the file writing to the file system is working
    With RTEMS 4.11.2, if RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_ONLY(0) is used as an
option of the file system, the file writing to the file system is not
working.
                                      if RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_WRITE(1) is
used as an option of the file system, the file writing to the file system
is working.
    As far as I can see, RTEMS 4.11.2 seems to be working properly.
    I wonder if it is designed to ignore file system options when mounting
a file system in RTEMS 4.10.2 or is it a bug?

Thank you for reading the long questions.

jhjo