rtems on raspberry pi 2 difficultys

William Kirstaedter kirstaedter at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Jul 17 11:29:59 UTC 2017

Hi @all,
I hope I am asking in the right mailing list.

This probably has already been asked, but I wasnt able to find anything
suiting my problem case.

I want to run RTEMS (and later on EPICS, but this shall not be part of
this request here) on my Raspberry Pi 2 B.
So I followed various guides on how to get RTEMS compiled for ARM /
raspberry pi, and got a seemingly successful build of RTEMS 4.12
including the sample programs.
I then made a binary out of the ticker.exe and copied it over onto my
boot partition of the SD card. neccessary proprietary broadcom
bootloader files are present.

Now when I try and turn the raspi on, it just shows the color splash
screen on HDMI and prints out unreadable, strange characters on UART
console. they are not always the same.
(I try to append an Image)

the same happens with hello.exe and the older RTEMS 4.11.

Normally the Raspberry should display readable status messages on UART
for approx. 35 seconds and then halt.

Maybe somebody here has an Idea whats the issue? Do I have to tell RTEMS
(somehow) what serial connection should be used and at what speed it
should operate? I am really new to RTEMS and therefore missing even an
Idea where to start searching.
Or should I ask in devel mailing list too?

Thanks in advance;

--
William Kirstaedter (PP&B)
Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG