Running RTEMS on a LEON2 from ROM

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Mon Jul 31 07:57:06 UTC 2017

On 07/31/2017 09:38 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> On 27-07-17 13:07, Jiri Gaisler wrote:
>> ... Meanwhile, I will fix the VMA/LVA problem in sis -
>> thanks for spotting this...
>
> Concerning that, did you make any progress there?
>
> As a workaround, is it possible to detect (runtime) whether we're
> running in the sis simulator? I could adapt the code to skip the
> routine that copies the .data segment into RAM to workaround this.
>
> Currently I patch the elf file using objcopy and set the VMA address
> equal to the LMA (which the debugger probably doesn't like much).

I have fixed this, it was *very* simple .. :-). I posted a patch to RSB
on the list yesterday. You can apply that and just rebuild RSB fully. If
you want to build gdb separately, there are updated patches for gdb-7.12
and 8.0 here:

https://gaisler.org/gdb/gdb-7.12.1-sis-leon2-leon3.diff

https://gaisler.org/gdb/gdb-8.0-sis-leon2-leon3.diff

Jiri.