Running RTEMS on a LEON2 from ROM

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Jul 26 09:05:50 UTC 2017

On 26-07-17 10:21, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> On 07/26/2017 07:25 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>>
>>> how you do it with standalone sis:
>>>
>>> $ sparc-rtems4.12-sis -leon2 application.exe

>> Doesn't get very far, there's apparently no (working) memory at
>> 0x40000000 in the simulator, it always reads back as "0", so any
>> access to RAM results in a crash in the simulator.
>>

> Are  you sure you are building sis and gdb from RSB head? sis in the
> regular gdb does not support leon2 yet.

I'm using RTEMS 4.11 since that's a released state.

I can try cloning the head and building that. Will take a while though, but at
this point, I'm ready to try anything...

> To advance things, you can send me your application binary and I can run
> it in the simulator and send you the traces. If you are on 64-bit ubuntu
> 16.04, I can also provide you with binaries for sis/gdb, or the whole RSB.

I'm running Ubuntu 14 LTS here.

I can send you the binaries. I can also push my current state of the bsp to
github if you want to peek at that.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert