rtems-libbsd maintainers

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jun 1 01:03:18 UTC 2017

On 01/06/2017 08:22, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> No, but at least the commonly used ones should be. Some, such as the
> x86 one, have bit rotted quite a bit.

For the record the i386 support was stable and well tested before the update to
the latest FreeBSD kernel source. This is an awesome change and I welcome it
however the fact that change has broken the legacy PC support is unfortunate. I
am yet to decide how this effects the 4.12 release.

Yesterday it was pointed out to me by a new RTEMS user that the PC BSP is used
in the documentation. For example:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/installation/index.html#building-the-kernel

While it might seem unrelated, it would be a shame to document these stages of
the kernel build and then change BSP when we get to LibBSD documentation when
that is added to the documentation.

I used the PC BSP in the documentation because it is the most common hardware on
the planet. A new user coming to RTEMS to see what it can do should have a PC of
some type they can use to run RTEMS on.

Chris