ifLib.c missing/not ported to rtems-libbsd???

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Jun 1 06:22:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Phong Pham <phongvanpham at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sebastian,
> >
> >> The i386 BSP may not work with the latest libbsd version. In addition,
> the
> >> i386 BSP should be replaced with an x86_64 BSP.
> >
> > Just want a clarification, the code that is checked in to the main line
> is
> > not guarantee to be compile-able as in this case, compiling a BSP like
> > pc386.cfg in ...\rtems\c\src\lib\libbsp\i386\pc386\make\custom, install
> > them, and compiling rtems-libbsd will result a compilation failure?
> >
> > In another word, you are not guaranteeing everything on rtems-libbsd main
> > line to be at least compileable?  If you're not guaranteeing that, then
> > would it make sense to not even include LIBBSP_I386_PC386_BSP_H support
> in
> > nexus-devices.h?  In my opinion, the best way is to only add a given BSP
> in
> > nexus-devices.h when it can be shown to be compileable.
> >
> I think it used to work a long time back. There is a lack of
> interest/funding for improving the i386 BSP currently, so it is
> starting to show some bit rot / age.

I would have to dig to see when it was last tested on real hardware
but I think Chris and I tested various NICs in the first part of last year.
It should have been working until when it was updated to the latest
FreeBSD.

Very likely it is something that broke in the Nexus device. But
as Gedare points out, it would be nice for someone to take interest
in the x86 port enough to either fix this or support a core developer
in fixing it

I believe networking also works on the arm/zynq on qemu and that
is more actively maintained.