Can I create an RTEMS BSP outside the RTEMS tree?

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Jun 14 08:38:50 UTC 2017

Since our "board" (FGPA with LEON2 softcore and lots of custom logic) needs
different memory addresses and needs to call "rtems_cache_coherent_add_area"
before starting drivers, I've copied the "leon2" bsp and based our own on
that. After figuring out how to make it compile (the trick being adding a
magic file to "make/custom") it now works okay.

However, this now resides in the rtems.git repository, which isn't convenient
for maintenance. Upstreaming this BSP is useless since it lives entirely
inside an FPGA so you cannot buy it.

Is it possible to move this board's BSP code outside the rtems git without
forking all of rtems? And if so, how?

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert