Can I create an RTEMS BSP outside the RTEMS tree?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jun 14 09:01:33 UTC 2017

Hello Mike,

On 14/06/17 10:38, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> Since our "board" (FGPA with LEON2 softcore and lots of custom logic)
> needs different memory addresses and needs to call
> "rtems_cache_coherent_add_area" before starting drivers, I've copied
> the "leon2" bsp and based our own on that. After figuring out how to
> make it compile (the trick being adding a magic file to "make/custom")
> it now works okay.

since RTEMS 4.12 you can use the <rtems/sysinit.h> facility to customize
the startup sequence. You can use your own linker command file, use
"-qnolinkcmds -T yourlinkcmds" for the linker invocation. I don't think
there is a need to use a custom BSP.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16