Change RTEMS License to Two Paragraph BSD

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jun 21 18:33:34 UTC 2017

Hi

There have been discussions for almost two years about changing the
current license to the Two Paragraph BSD license. Unfortunately, I think
most of them were in chat and forums like the Flight Software Workshop.

The core developers have done a lot of homework and soul searching
to come to this decision. We really believe this is the right thing and
will be less confusing and more appealing to new users in the long run.

I have filed a ticket about this which has a lot of details but if anyone
has questions, feel free to ask.

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3053#ticket

--joel