stdout and stderr are getting mixed up?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jun 22 05:48:47 UTC 2017

On 22/06/17 07:29, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> What about this post:
>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.programming.threads/1-bU71nYgqw/HSfD8625QzkJ
>>>
>>> It would imply a line should not be broken up. I do not know.
>> You have thread-local stdio streams in Newlib that use a common output device by
>> default.
>>
> Is what we do acceptable standard behavior?

I doubt that thread-local stdio streams are in line with POSIX/C.

> The link I posted would suggest otherwise.

It doesn't cite the POSIX standard. I don't know where this atomic
printf() behaviour is defined.

>   RTEMS 4.9, 4.10, and 4.11 did not do
> this so is this a regression?

The original post compares the beatnik and pc386 BSPs. It compares an
Epic implementation using the  Classic API with one using the POSIX API.
I don't think there is a regression. I remember that the output of
ticker was always mixed up with an interrupt driven console driver.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09