Issue with mbuf de-allocation when using NFS in RTEMS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Nov 2 01:56:40 UTC 2017

On 02/11/2017 12:28, Ben Dart wrote:
> But still, eventually, we run out of MBUFS and the system is inoperable. We are
> running an old version of RTEMS (4.9.2) but even compared to the newer version
> 4.11 we can see any significant changes in this or the NFS related files that
> would suggest a fix for this behavior. Is this well-known and is there a patch
> for it?

A google of "xact: xid -- got" returned ...

http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/tech-talk/2012/msg00590.php
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/users/2011-May/023573.html

It seems you are not alone with the issue on the 4.9 series. Till references
ticket #1775 in the second link which is in Trac, see
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/1775. There are patches attached which might be
worth looking into.

Chris