QEMU and mvme3100

Michael Davidsaver mdavidsaver at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 03:17:55 UTC 2017

For awhile now I've had a side project to add emulation of the mvme3100
board to QEMU with RTEMS as the guest.  I think I have it basically
working* and would be interesting to know if anyone else has a use for
it.  One of my goals is running the EPICS unittest suite (which passes).
 It might be useful for RTEMS testing as well.

Anyone interested in testing will need to build QEMU from

> git clone --branch vme https://github.com/mdavidsaver/qemu.git
and also build a stub bootloader

> git clone --branch tomload https://github.com/mdavidsaver/baremetal.git

Change PREFIX in Makefile as appropriate

Then, to eg. run the RTEMS ticker demo

> qemu-system-ppc -M mvme3100-1152 -serial stdio -no-reboot \
> -d guest_errors,unimp \
> -bios tomload.bin \
> -kernel powerpc/rtems4.10/ticker.bin

* I see occasional 1 sec delays in network packet tx/rx which I haven't
tracked down yet.