examples-v2 build issue with qemuprep

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Aug 29 05:02:32 UTC 2018

On 24/08/18 20:11, Matthew Gann wrote:
> I had assumed that because the QorIQ P1020RDB didn't explicitly appear
> on the rtems-bsps in 5 as it did in 4.11 that support had not yet been
> ported to 5.  Is it somehow a part of QorIQ_E500 now?

Yes, I consolidated the BSP variants. Please use the qoriq_e500 BSP for
the P1020RDB. You have to boot via U-Boot with a Linux image:

powerpc-rtems5-objcopy -O binary $1 $1.bin
gzip -9 -f -c $1.bin > $1.gz
mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T kernel -a 0x4000 -e 0x4000 -n RTEMS -d $1.gz
$1.img

In case it doesn't run, I can test it here.

> I have RTEMS 5 built for qemuprep, and the examples do build, but I've
> run into a different problem.  I had qemu-system-ppc set up to load
> the .ralf files generated in samples.  It does not seem to like the
> .exe files examples-v2 generates (an ELF format I think?). Is there a
> way to convert, or to get qemu-system-ppc to load an ELF?

Sorry, I have currently no time to look at this issue.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09