examples-v2 build issue with qemuprep

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Aug 24 00:39:35 UTC 2018

On 24/08/2018 10:22, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, 6:53 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 24/08/2018 08:33, Matthew Gann wrote:
>     > I've modified the c/src/bsp.pc.in <http://bsp.pc.in> <http://bsp.pc.in>
>     file and still see the same
>     > issues (still need the -Dmpc604, and it still fails on fat_ramdisk).  It looks
>     > like the -qrtems argument did move in the argument list, but didn't fix this
>     > particular issue.  See the output below.
>     > I've also tried disabling the build of the fat_ramdisk (and others
>     following it)
>     > and it still broke.  Is there a better starting place than the examples-v2
>     for 4.11?
>     >

>     I suggest updating rtems_waf to the latest and see how it goes on 4.11.
>
>     Hmmm, that will not work, it looks like the rtems_waf module has not been
>     updated to point to the new repo location. That will need a ticket. I did not do
>     the move and so I am not sure what git magic is needed.
>

> Mentioning the -Dmpc604 reminds me that I worked recently to remove the need for
> any bsp.to <http://bsp.to> use a -Dxxx. This was fragile since user code had to
> use exactly the same flags.
>
> Chris is rtems_waf stripping those out? It was only maybe a dozen bsps that used it.

It may. The rtems_waf processing needs to play with the flags because RTEMS does
not separate the machine, warning and optimisation flags. The flags need to be
filtered so we avoid building a 3rd party package with warning or optimisation
options used to build RTEMS. They may not be suitable. We may need to teach
rtems_waf about these flags. The code has support for tweaks for specific BSPS,
we just need to find what needs to be tweaked.

Chris