RTEMS POSIX Priority Inversion Issue.

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Dec 28 16:45:46 UTC 2018

Hi

I'm off for the holidays and answering from my phone. My suspicion is that
the pthread command is an alias for the tasks command. Thus it is not
reporting the priority from the view of the POSIX API but from the view of
the Classic API. Internally all threads and tasks are instances of
SuperCore threads and the priorities are mapped to what is required by the
API.

Priority 1 in Classic API is 254 in POSIX.

Please investigate the code for the pthread command and see if I am right.
This would be a minor bug in the shell rather than a priority inversion
issue.

--joel