Raspberry PI

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 17 06:47:42 UTC 2018

On 17/01/18 07:28, William Busacker wrote:
> Most of the GPIO stuff that you'd expect has been finished. Pin control,
> I2C, and SPI all work. SPI could use some extra work however, but if you
> play around with it enough it'll go. I've been having all sorts of "fun"
> getting it working and seriously need to put together some documentation
> on what could be considered strange behavior and how to get it working
> in the first place since that isn't well documented. I don't think
> hardware PWM works unfortunately (not that I've tried). The boot SD card
> isn't mountable either. Can see it and read it, but mounting as part of
> the file system doesn't work. I've been meaning to take a crack at that
> but don't have the time.

If someone has time for it, the I2C and SPI drivers should be rewritten
to use the new frameworks.

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/bsp-howto/i2c.html

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/bsp-howto/spi.html

These frameworks provide the Linux user-space APIs.

The RPI support in FreeBSD is quite good, so it shouldn't be a big issue
to integrate it in libbsd.

Yes, BSP documentation is a big issue. We have to find a common place
for it and make sure the documentation and the source code are in sync.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09