IMFS on ram-disk

Udit agarwal dev.madaari at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:48:20 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I've been trying to use IMFS with a ramdisk on BBB. Here's what i did:

After creating a ram disk (block size:512, block count:262144), i used
mount_and_make_target_path("/dev/rda","/mnt",RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_TYPE_IMFS,RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_WRITE,NULL)

There is no error during bootup, but when allocating a file(in the /mnt
directory) of size 10MB(or even of 1MB) it gives a file too large error.
I've used similar config for RFS too and that did worked, so probably
there's no issue while setting up the RAM disk.

I've also tried testsuite/fstests/imfs_support setup, but looks like
similar method doesn't work with ram-disks
--
Regards,
Udit kumar agarwal